Chicago Blues Society?

Bonni McKeown bonni@barrelhousebonni.com
Tue Mar 1 02:46:26 EST 2005

Chuck Winans and others have expressed interest in a Chicago blues
society.  It takes at least 3 incorporators to get a nonprofit charter.
  From what I observe, having been here only two years and not knowing a
lot of the history,  it seems that  1) people think there's no need for
one because there are more blues here than elsewhere;  2) so many of us
have professional axes to grind, myself included.... how do we find a
group of unbiased, uncorrupted blues fans to be the core of the
society?   Nevertheless, I agree there's a real need for a nonprofit
presence here to educate people, bring new fans to the blues, and get
some respect for the musicians who have been toiling here in obscurity.
  I'd be willing to explore the idea with other interested people.
Email me, give me a call  at 773-287-9525, or drop by and say hi at the
next Larry Taylor gig at the House of Blues "Back Porch" restaurant
stage, 9:30 p.m. Sunday, March 13, 329 N. Dearborn.  No cover charge,
but parking fees are atrocious, so consider taking the L or bus.  Next
time we can meet at someone else's show to spread the good fortune around.

Bonni
www.barrelhousebonni.com