PLAYLIST: KMSU/KMSK blues, Sept. 14 - 20, 2004

KMSUBLUES@aol.com KMSUBLUES@aol.com
Tue Sep 28 16:55:42 EDT 2004

KMSU/KMSK WEEKLY BLUES PLAYLISTS
KMSU 89.7FM (Mankato, Minnesota, USA)
KMSK 91.3 FM (Austin, Minnesota, USA)
"The Maverick Radio Network"
WEB BROADCAST: http://www.KMSU.org
"Top 25" submitted to "LIVING BLUES" Magazine each month
MARK HALVERSON
Blues Host & Producer
133 Lincoln Street
Mankato, MN USA 56001
E-MAIL: KMSUBlues@mnmojo.com
FAX: (507) 345-6407
(send inquiries & promotional materials to this address)

BLUES BEFORE MONDAY: 7:00-10:00 p.m. Sunday, September 19, 2004.  With Mark
and Gary, the "White Bread Blues Boys."  This was a repeat of a show from July
20, 2003. We started the show with the announcement the Marcia will be playing
in Mankato soon (October 5).  Gary played a couple "party" sets for his
in-laws who maybe were listening on the Internet, mixed in with a couple generic
sets of mine.  We then previewed some new releases -- including one by Chris
Smither who will be at this year's Rock Bend Folk Festival in St. Peter in a few
weeks (this all in the context of the original airing of the show).

      ARTIST / SONG TITLE / LABEL (A) = album title
       HOUR 1
    (A) Marcia Ball/So Many Rivers/Alligator
 1.  Marcia Ball/The Lowdown/Alligator
 2.  Marcia Ball/Foreclose On The House Of Love/Alligator
 3.     Boo Boo Davis/Lovin' Somebody Else/Black and Tan
 4.  Power of Ten/Shaky Ground/Self
 5.  Lamont Cranston/House Party/Cold Wind
 6.  Memphis Slim/Beer Drinking Woman/DRG
 7.  Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson/Juice Head Baby
 8. Champion Jack Dupree/Drinkin' Wine Spo-Dee-O-Dee/Rounder
 9.  Lonnie Brooks/One More Shot/Alligator
10.  Big Joe & The Dynaflows/Lemonade/Severn
11.  Albert Collins/Tired Man/Alligator
12.  Earl King/Hard River To Cross/Black Top
13.    Susan Tedeschi/Little by Little/Tone-Cool
       HOUR 2
           (A) Chris Smither/Tain Home/Hightone
14.    Chris Smither/Train Home/Hightone
15.    Chris Smither/Outside In/Hightone
16.    Chris Smither/Crocodile Man/Hightone
17.    Chris Smither/Lola/Hightone
18.    Chris Smither/Candy Man/Hightone
19.    Chris Smither/Let It Go/Hightone
         (A) Deacon John/Deacon John's Jump Blues/VCC
20.    Deacon John/Jumpin' In The Morning/VCC
21.    Deacon John/Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out/VCC
22.    Deacon John/I Didn't Want To Do It/VCC
23.    Deacon John/Someday/VCC
24.    Deacon John/Hook, Line & Sinker - Go On Fool/VCC
25.    Deacon John/Let The Good Times Roll - Feel So Good/VCC
26.    Deacon John/Piece Of My Heart/VCC
       HOUR 3
27.    Steady Rollin' Bob Margolin/Brown Liquor/Alligator
28.    Luther "Guitar Junior" Johnson/If The Blues Was Whiskey/Bullseye
29.    John Lee Hooker/Whiskey And Women/VeeJay
30.    Buddy Guy & Junior Wells/Bad Bad Whiskey/Atco
        (A) Little Hatch/Rock With Me Baby/APO
31.    Little Hatch/Rock With Me Baby/APO
32.    Little Hatch/I Believe I'll Go Back Home/APO
33.    Little Hatch/Driving Wheel/APO
34.    Little Hatch/Next Time You See Me/APO
35.    Little Hatch/Hold That Train Conductor/APO
36.    Little Hatch/Sweet Little Angel/APO
37.    Otis Redding/Pain In My Hear/Stax
38.    Arthur Alexander/Rainbow Road/Sire
39.    Solomon Burke/Tonight's The Night/Atlantic
40.    Wilson Picket/I'm A Midnight Mover/Atlantic
41.    Sam & Dave/I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down/Stax
42.    Ray Charles/Hit The Road, Jack/Pablo

BLUE MONDAY: 6:00 - 7:00 Monday, September 20, 2004
Hosted by Mark Halverson.  A general show, but another gig plug for Coco's
local gig.  I made it to Lonie Walker's club in Chicago and caught a set by her
a couple of days before this show (featuring one of her releases) was aired

      ARTIST / SONG TITLE / LABEL (A) = album title
    BLUE MONDAY, SEPT. 20
    (A) Coco Montoya/Suspicion/Alligator
 1. Coco Montoya/Enough is Enough/Alligator
 2. Coco Montoya/Casting My Spell/Alligator
 3. Coco Montoya/Fool/Alligator
 4. Coco Montoya/Don't Take It Personally/Alligator
    (A) Jimmy Rogers/The Complete Chess Recordings/Chess-MCA
 5. Jimmy Rogers/That's All Right/Chess-MCA
 6. Jimmy Rogers/Today, Today Blues/Chess-MCA
 7. Jimmy Rogers/The World's In A Tangle/Chess-MCA
 8. Jimmy Rogers/Back Door Friend/Chess-MCA
 9. Jimmy Rogers/Left Me With A  Broken Heart/Chess-MCA
10. Jimmy Rogers/Sloppy Drunk/Chess-MCA
    (A) Lonie Walker/All That I've Got I Gave To Music/UWM
11. Lonie Walker/Sister (Miss Celie's Blues)/UWM
12. Lonie Walker/I Love The Life I Live/UWM
13. Lonie Walker/Me and Bobbie McGhee/UWM
14  Lonie Walker/Mercedes Benz/UWM

BLUES BREAK: Monday - Friday 11:30 - Noon.
Hosted by Mark Halverson.   On Tuesday I did a gig plug for a "Hammond Organ
Extravaganza" which was presented at the University on Wednesday evening.  Not
Tony and Joey at the "extravaganza," unfortunately.  Birthday tributes on
Wednesday and Thursday (playing what many claim to be the best live blues record
for BB) and another gig plug on Monday.

      ARTIST / SONG TITLE / LABEL (A) = album title
    TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14
    (A) Tony Monaco & Joey DeFrancesco Trios/Paesonos/Summit
 1. Tony Monaco & Joey DeFrancesco Trios/Pasta Faggioli/Summit
 2. Tony Monaco & Joey DeFrancesco Trios/Homily/Summit
 3. Tony Monaco & Joey DeFrancesco Trios/Flat Tire/Summit
 4. Tony Monaco & Joey DeFrancesco Trios/Mozzerella/Summit
 5. Tony Monaco & Joey DeFrancesco Trios/Waltz of the Angels/Summit
    WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15
    (A) Snooky Pryor/Shake My Hand/Blind Pig
 6. Snooky Pryor/Shake My Hand/Blind Pig
 7. Snooky Pryor/Work With Me Annie/Blind Pig
 8. Snooky Pryor/Someday Baby/Blind Pig
 9. Snooky Pryor/Telephone Blues/Blind Pig
10. Snooky Pryor/Pistol Packin' Mama/Blind Pig
11. Snooky Pryor/My Babe/Blind Pig
12. Snooky Pryor/Headed South/Blind Pig
    THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 16
    (A) B.B. King/Live at the Regal/MCA
13. B.B. King/Everyday I Have The Blues/MCA
14. B.B. King/Sweet Little Angel/MCA
15. B.B. King/It's My Own Fault/MCA
16. B.B. King/How Blue Can You Get/MCA
17. B.B. King/You Upset Me Baby/MCA
18. B.B. King/Woke Up  This Morning/MCA
19. B.B. King/You Done Lost Your Good Thing/MCA
20. B.B. King/Help The Poor/MCA
    FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 17
    (A) Scott Miller/The Other Side/SM
21. Scott Miller/River Of Tears/SM
22. Scott Miller/Put Your Good Dress On/SM
23. Scott Miller/The Other Side/SM
24. Scott Miller/Wrong Side Of The Tracks/SM
25. Scott Miller/Back Door Man/SM
26. Scott Miller/Town Of Broken Dreams/SM
    MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 20
    (A) Coco Montoya/Can't Look Back/Alligator
27. Coco Montoya/Wish I Could Be That Strong/Alligator
28. Coco Montoya/Something About You/Alligator
29. Coco Montoya/Trip, Stumble and Fall/Alligator
30. Coco Montoya/Same Old Thing/Alligator
31. Coco Montoya/Women Have A Way With A Fool/Alligator
32. Coco Montoya/No Longer A Part Of Your Dreams/Alligator

HOST COMMENTS:
    This report is a few days later that usual, as I was gone most of the
preceding week.  A long weekend in Chicago and a work-related seminar for a
couple more days backed things up.  In Chicago, both the World Music Festival and
Celtic Festival were going on.  I caught a few of these acts, a welcomed change
to my usual diet of blues. One of them was at the amphitheater at the new
Millennium Park.  What a jewel!  Chairs for a few thousand people and a grass
courtyard for about seven thousand more.  And the courtyard is covered by a
trellis loaded with speakers.  They say it sounds as good a a main section seat
anywhere under the trellis.  For blues I caught the Shirley Johnson Band and the
Joanna Conner Band.  Stopping by the beer garden at Navy Pier while on a
stroll on a beautiful night, who should I see sitting in with the band but our pal
Steve Arvey - playing with a blues/rock group called the Buzz!

SEND QUESTIONS about these broadcasts to Mark at: KMSUBlues@mnmojo.com.  And
check out "mnmojo" for news from the Minnesota Blues Association.