PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 9/25/04

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sun Sep 26 00:02:11 EDT 2004

My show #327. Today's Saturday Blue Plate Special features blues recorded on
September 25th throughout history.  Also a blues goodbye to  U.P. Wilson.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)
Blues Cafe'
101 CAC WWSP Reserve Street UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481

3-7P on 90FM - the only alternative!

September 25, 2004

Muddy Waters /I Feel Like Going Home /King Bee /Epic-Legacy

Blues Farewell to U.P. Wilson
ZuZu Bollin /Why Don't You Eat Where You Slept Last Night /T for Texas /Fuel
2000
Frankie Lee Sims /Raggedy & Dirty /Lucy Mae Blues /Specialty
Robert Ealey /title track /Turn Out the Lights /Black Top
U.P. Wilson /Hold On Baby /On My Way /Fedora
U.P. Wilson /Your Last Chance /Whirlwind /JSP
U.P. Wilson /I Just Can't Help It /Texas Blues Guitar Summit /JSP
U.P. Wilson /That's Your Woman, But... /Texas Blues Guitar Summit /JSP

New on the Menu
Pat Hunter /Lying Man Blues /Life Lessons /Bluesdiva
Ray Charles /Sorry Seems to be the Saddest Word /Genius Loves Company
/Concord
Mavis Staples /There's a Devil on the Loose /Have a Little Faith /Alligator
Little Milton /That's What Love will Make You Do /We'll Play the Blues for
You /Stax

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed,
All of it Blue! featuring Arthur Williams
wi. Frank Frost /old 1966 Harpin' on It /Jelly Roll Blues /Paula
wi. Big Bad Smitty /old 1991 You Don't Love Nobody /Mean Disposition /Genes
wi. Clara McDaniel / 1997 Yes, He's Gone /Unwanted Child /HMG
Arthur Williams / 1998 title track /Harpin' on It /Fedora
Arthur Williams /1999 Water in My Gas Tank /Ain't Goin' Down /Fedora
wi. Big Bad Smitty /2000 Little Red Rooster /Unwired Roots /Amphion
Jelly Roll All-Stars /new Jelly Roll Strut /Must be Jelly /Severn
Jelly Roll All-Stars /new Country Boy /Must be Jelly /Severn
Arthur Williams / borrowed fr. Muddy Waters Trouble No More /Midnight Blue
/Rooster

New on the Menu
Janiva Magness /title track /Bury Him at the Crossroads /NorthernBlues
Michael Powers /She's About a Mover /Onyx Root /Baryon
Eddie Kirkland /Must've Done Something Wrong /Democrat Blues /Blue Suit
Little Axe /Mean Things /Grits and Champagne /Real World

Saturday Blue Plate Special Recordings This Date in Blues History
Kid Bailey /1929 Rowdy Blues /Screamin' & Hollerin' the Blues v6 /Revenant
Big Joe Williams /1951 Delta Blues /Delta Blues 1951 /Alligator
Tiny Kennedy /1951 Blues Disease /Strange Kind of Feeling /Alligator
Little Walter /1953 Quarter to Twelve /Essential /Chess
The Marquees /1957 Wyatt Earp /Okeh R&B Story v3 /Epic
Billy Stewart /1957 Billy's Heartache /Okeh R&B Story v3 /Epic
Mississippi Fred McDowell /1959 What's the Matter Now /First Recordings
/Rounder
Big Joe Williams /1965 Stack 'o Dollars /Takoma Blues /Takoma
Ricky Allen /1964 I Have Made a Change /U.S.A. Records Story /Fuel 2000
Johnny Shines /1976 Mr. Tom Green's Farm /Memphis Blues Caravan v2 /Memphis
Archives
Joe Willie Wilkins /1976 Hard Headed Woman /Memphis Blues Caravan v2
/Memphis Archives

New on the Menu
Albert Cummings /Man on Your Mind /True to Yourself /Blind Pig
Joe Louis Walker /Tempting Me /New Direction /Blues Bureau
Forrest McDonald /I'm Gonna Drop My Troubles /Colorblind /World Talent
E.G. Kight /Ain't Got No Business Doing Business Today /Takin' it Easy /Blue
South
Amos Garrett /She Don't Go Nowhere /Acoustic Album /Stony Plain
David Jacobs Strain /Earthquake /Ocean or a Teardrop /NorthernBlues
Geils, Robillard, Beaudoin /Ain't Nobody's Business /New Guitar Summit
/Stony Plain
Clarence Brown /Satin Doll /Timeless /Hightone
Pinetop Perkins /Chicken Shack /Ladies Man /M.C.
Olga /Keep it on the Down Low /Kiss Your Blues Away /219 Records
Craig Horton /Elizabeth /Touch of the Bluesman /Bad Daddy
Nora Jean Bruso /title track /Going Back to Mississippi /Severn
Robert Johnson /Love in Vain /King of the Delta Blues Singers v2 /Columbia