NBC: california's new music file sharing law (it passed)

c. n. cnevitt@hotmail.com
Thu Sep 23 08:35:05 EDT 2004

>From: "Black Hat Design" <blackhat@blackhatdesign.com>
> >Chuck N. wrote:
>
>Tell me Paul (and anyone else who might have an opinion), do you think it
>will have any effect on illegal file sharing? (As your statement seems to
>imply otherwise).  Do you think it's a good start, a bad start, a waste of
>time and the ink that it took Arnold to sign the bill? regards, chuck
>

>You can't stop it and you won't stop it without trampling on civil
>liberties
>regarding issues of privacy.
>
>What is to stop people from providing a fake or dummy hotmail e-mail
>address
>in the first place? This law will have as much bite as a flat Pepsi.

Attach the next rounds of Bush's tax cuts to it, and say that unless the
illegal file sharing stops they'll be no cuts, then I'll bet we see some law
with razor sharp, blood-drawin' teeth.  chuck