i disagree with hadley's take on william clarks's vocals

c.n. cnevitt@HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 22 23:00:20 EDT 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:52:24 -0400, c.n. <cnevitt@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

>From Grove Press Guide to Blues on CD
><<Los Angeleno Clarke has minuscule devils dancing on the metal reeds
>inside his chromatic harp. One of the instrument's consummate players,
>Clarke is concerned with the blues' intrinsic merit more than its surface
>detail, and he almost never showboats. Favoring jazzy West Coast rhythms,
>he employs a fine guitarist named Alex Schultz and a rhythm section that
>has imagination and taste to go along with technique. It should be noted
>that Clarke is an acceptable songwriter and an undistinguished singer. --
>© Frank John Hadley 1993>>

Here's what I meant to say....before I hit the send button unexpectedly:

In my not so expert opinion, I dig the hell out of William Clarke's
vocals, more and more every time I get lucky enough to remember to
pop in any one of his discs. I can't understand why Hadley can't hear
it like I do--but that's his tough luck. Undistiquished, my ass.<s>
chuck