What do YOU want from an artist web site?

Steve Hoffman steve@goodnote.com
Wed Sep 22 18:26:02 EDT 2004

On the other hand, Earl Hooker - talented as he was - probably died
penniless, and with relatively few people aware of him and willing to
pay to see him perform.

To make a decent living, you have to be a musician AND an entertainer.
For every 1 person who is seriously into music, there are 3 or 4 people
who seek to be "entertained."

How you dress when on stage, and other characteristic aspects of your
appearance (such as hair style) can help make a performer more
entertaining, without in any way detracting from the artistry and music.
To me, it is a no-brainer.

Steve Hoffman
p.s. Obviously, I'm not trying to pick on Earl Hooker here. Just
following up on Paul's citing of him as an example.
p.p.s. If I went to see the Baltimore Orioles play the NY Yankees and
they were just wearing a bunch of random clothes, not their trademark
outfits, the physical action of the game -- the pitches, the hits, the
fielding -- would be the same, but it sure would lose something from my
vantage point as a spectator.