Band "fan helper" organizations?

Lisa Kelly maddog_productions@hotmail.com
Tue Sep 21 20:21:07 EDT 2004

The major acts I work with have street teams who promote the shows mainly
putting up posters, posting to newsgroups, and handing out flyers, bumper
stickers and such.  They get perks like tee-shirts, CD's, meet and greet
passes, discount tickets for major venues. If the act is playing a club they
get free admission and free drinks.

Locally a few non blues bands I work with have something similar.  They too,
give the street team tee shirts, cd's, free drinks at the clubs for putting
out posters.  They just set up a link on the website to join their street
team.

Lisa

From: Steve Briggs <steve@stevebriggs.com>
To: BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG
Subject: Band "fan helper" organizations?
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 20:03:31 -0400

Thanks for all your feedback on music web site layouts. It was enlightening.

How many of you artists have some sort of "fan helper" base? For example,
see http://groovelily.com and the "Petal Pushers", or the Wide Spread
Panic's Street
Team...http://www.widespreadpanic.com/ontour/tourdates/promo.asp

And how do you set this up? Do you have some sort of reward system for rabid
fans that join in?