What do YOU want from an artist web site?

Ryan Hartt rhartt1234@sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 21 19:55:49 EDT 2004

Kristopher Marentette <tophicles@radiokaos.com> wrote:
> Congratulations!
> This has got to be the single-most idiotic thing
> I've ever heard.

Hey, hey, hey! Let's take it easy on old Ryan! I've
said way more idiotic things than my last post!

First of all the subject line is "What do YOU want
from an artist web site?" with YOU clearly spelled out
in capital letters. The originator of this topic
(Steve Briggs) clearly wants individual's genuine
opinions not generalizations. I gave my opinion, even
with a tongue in cheek caveat, and if you don't dig it
that's cool.

Secondly, I almost didn't respond the way I did out of
fear of reviving the infernal "what an blues musician
should wear" thread.

Thirdly, appearance is most definitely not the only
way I judge or choose music I like. If I did I suppose
Henry Qualls, with his wool hat with the pom pom,
played like Mike Nesmith. I have seen brilliant
musicians wear ripped jeans and I have seen no talent
jackasses wear super cool suits. But we are talking
about websites, not the stage or a CD. On a website
maximum impact must be made in a short amount of time
on a small canvas.

Ryan
no talent suit wearing jackass