"The Eyes are a lot Hungier Than The Ears"

Steve Briggs steve@stevebriggs.com
Tue Sep 21 19:41:42 EDT 2004

I beg to disagree Dick. You've been following musicians around long enough
to know better, but the hoi polloi make their decisions on snap judgements
and instant appeal. For UNKNOWN artists (and that takes in most) I suspect
projecting the image that their music suggests is a good idea.

I dunno, when was the last time you saw Wynton Marsalis in a tie-dyed
T-shirt and dreads?

Or the late Johnny Ramone in a tux?

James Brown without a cape?

It all entertainment. People decide on what might be entertaining to them on