What do YOU want from an artist web site?

Ryan Hartt rhartt1234@sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 21 13:22:40 EDT 2004

--- Steve Briggs <steve@stevebriggs.com> wrote:

> What do you want to know FIRST OFF when you dial up
> an artist's site?

Call me superficial (you wouldn't be the first) but  I
look at a band's photo page first. If they are wearing
ripped jeans, Ted Nugent t-shirts and ponchos, playing
through Marshall stacks I move on because the band
isn't my thing. But If I like how they look the music
samples are the next place I go.

To me pictures of a band are a superfast to see what a
band is all about. You can get a rough approximation
of instrumentation, style and caliber of venue the
band plays without taking the time to download a song.
Plus I like to look at gear.

Ryan