so, this is why they turn to bluesrock....

Automatic Slim blues@mauricerichardlibby.com
Tue Sep 21 01:16:46 EDT 2004

I know  what to use a single capo for, although I've never used one.  I
guess it would be great for using those open string riffs in different
keys--in fact I just had an idea for a different eay of doing one of my
tunes--I may have to go out and buy one of them pesky contraptions.

I can understand the multiples if they all have different spcers in them,
so that you could change the open tunings, but wouldn't that take almost
as much time as just changing the tuning?

my motto is K.I.S.S--clutz that I am, just changing to a diffrent harp is
an ordeal:)

maurice

> P.W. Fenton wrote:
>
>> At 05:29 PM 9/20/2004 -0600, maurice richard libby wrote...
>>
>>> I've never
>>> actually used a capo for anything. What is the function of multiple
capos?

>> I've never done it either, but I can see instantly that you could quickly
>> create different open tunings onstage.
>>

>> P.W. Fenton
>> New Port Richey, FL
>> http://BluesLand.Net - A comprehensive network of Blues related resources
>>

> It looks like the capos in the picture are covering all the strings but
if they have slots like autoharp felts?  Hmm...sounds too complicated
for me.

> to MRL:
> BTW, a single capo lets you get the sound of open strings in a key where
there are none (play ragtime C in Eb) or get particular first position
effects in another key where they aren't available easily in first
postion (play A country blues runs in C.)  Or if you're Albert Collins,
it makes the guitar sound the way you want it to.

> --
> Hear Barrelhouse Solly on the internet--that's me
>
>   http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly
>
> Archives & web interface:
http://lists.netspace.org/archives/blues-l.html NetSpace LISTSERV(R)
software donated by L-Soft, Inc.