so, this is why they turn to bluesrock....

Walter Potter maxdog-blues-l@comcast.net
Mon Sep 20 20:35:31 EDT 2004

In another photo in the same series he has removed two of the capos and
clipped them to the head of the guitar.
--
maxdog

Joel Fritz wrote:
> P.W. Fenton wrote:
>
>> At 05:29 PM 9/20/2004 -0600, maurice richard libby wrote...
>>
>>> I've never
>>> actually used a capo for anything. What is the function of multiple
>>> capos?
>>

>> I've never done it either, but I can see instantly that you could quickly
>> create different open tunings onstage.
>>

>> P.W. Fenton
>> New Port Richey, FL
>> http://BluesLand.Net - A comprehensive network of Blues related resources
>>

> It looks like the capos in the picture are covering all the strings but
> if they have slots like autoharp felts?  Hmm...sounds too complicated
> for me.
>
> to MRL:
> BTW, a single capo lets you get the sound of open strings in a key where
> there are none (play ragtime C in Eb) or get particular first position
> effects in another key where they aren't available easily in first
> postion (play A country blues runs in C.)  Or if you're Albert Collins,
> it makes the guitar sound the way you want it to.
>
> --
> Hear Barrelhouse Solly on the internet--that's me
>
>  http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly

> http://www.lsoft.com

maxdog

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." -Will Rogers