PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 9/18/04

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Mon Sep 20 05:36:43 EDT 2004

My show #326. Today's Saturday Blue Plate Special was theme driven blues
about
opinionated, sharp tongued men and women. I'm calling it "Smartmouth Blues".

Papajoe (David Carrigan)
Blues Cafe'
101 CAC WWSP Reserve Street UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481

3-7P on 90FM - the only alternative!

September 18, 2004

"Wild Women Blues"
Muddy Waters /title track /Trouble No More /Chess
Dreamy-Eyed Woman's Blues /Willie Newbern /Country Blues: Essential /Classic
Blues
Too Many Drivers /Bill Broonzy /Chronological v9 /Document
Slow Down /Nat King Cole /Hit That Jive, Jack /MCA
Baby Face Turner /I'm Gonna Let You Go /Arkansas Blues /P-Vine
James Harman /Party Girl /Extra Napkins /Cannonball
Buddy Guy /She's Got the Devil in Her /Sweet Tea /Silvertone
Floyd Lee /Bad Little Girls /Ain't Doin' Nothin' Wrong /Amogla

New on the Menu
Amos Garrett /Sam's Song /Acoustic Album /Stony Plain
Janiva Magness /The Whale has Swallowed Me /Bury Him at the Crossroads
/NorthernBlues
Little Ax /Sinners /Grits and Champagne /Real World
Joe Louis Walker /Lena /New Direction /Blues Bureau

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed,
All of it Blue! featuring Ray Charles
wi. Guitar Slim /old Oct. '53 Well I Done Got Over It /Sufferin' Mind
/Specialty
Ray Charles /old St. Pete Florida Blues /Early Years /King
Ray Charles /new It was a Very Good Year /Genius Loves Company /Concord
Ray Charles /borrowed fr. Leon Russell A Song for You /My World /Warner
Brothers

New on the Menu
Robert Johnson /Preachin' Blues /King of the Delta Blues Singers v2
/Columbia
John Lee Hooker /Please Don't Go /We'll Play the Blues for You /Stax
R.L.Burnside /Bird Without a Feather /A Bothered Mind /Fat Possum
Olga /Keep it on the Down Low /Kiss Your Blues Away /219 Records
Michael Powers /Country Boy /Onyx Root /Baryon
Jelly Roll All-Stars /Arkansas Boogie /Must be Jelly /Severn
Ben Harper /Wicked Man /There Will be a Light /Virgin
Mavis Staples /I Still Believe in You /Have a Little Faith /Alligator
Clarence Brown /Soft Wind /Timeless /Hightone

Saturday Blue Plate Special "Smartmouth Blues"
Smokey Hogg /Evil Mind Blues /Angels in Harlem /Specialty
Jay Hawkins /Talk About Me /Mercury Rhythm & Blues /Mercury
Jack Cooley /I Could but I Ain't /Long Man Blues /Delmark
Big Mama Thornton /Stop a Hoppin' on Me /Peacock Recordings /MCA
Ike Turner /Takin' Back My Name /Best of /Rhino
Buddy Guy /Keep it to Myself /Chess Blues box v4 /Chess
Magic Sam /I Don't Want No Woman /West Side Soul /Delmark
Johnny B. Moore /Fast Talkin' Fannie /Hard Times /BRB

more "Smartmouth Blues"  live set
James Thunderbird Davis /Don't Want No Woman /Bluews-a-Rama /Black Top
B.B. King /Payin' the Cost to be the Boss /Live at the Apollo /GRP
Luther Allison /Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is /Live in Chicago
/Alligator
Joe Guitar Hughes /My Baby Told Me /Stuff Like That /Blues Express

Sam Lay /Both Sides of the Fence /Shufflemaster /Appaloosa
Billy Boy Arnold /Streetwise Advisor /Back Where I Belong /Alligator
Harmonica Slim /I Don't Want No Woman /Give Me My Shotgun /Fedora
Sherman Robertson /I Don't Want No Woman /Goin' Back Home /Audio Quest
Kid Ramos /Talking That Talk /West Coast House Party /Evidence

New on the Menu
David Jacobs Strain /Girl I Love /Ocean or a Teardrop /NorthernBlues
E.G. Kight /I Ain't got Nothin' but the Blues /Takin' it Easy /Blue South
Geils, Robillard, Beaudoin /Seven Come Eleven /New Guitar Summit /Stony
Plain
Nora Jean Bruso /Telling Me What to Do /Going Back to Mississippi /Severn
Albert Cummings /Blues Makes Me Feel so Good /True to Yourself /Blind Pig
Pinetop Perkins /Big Fat Mama /Ladies Man /M.C.
Craig Horton /Wanda Jean /Touch of the Bluesman /Bad Daddy
Eddie Kirkland /Good Time Joe /Democrat Blues /Blue Suit