Jazzfest producer wins encore

Jef Jaisun jef@jaisunphoto.com
Fri Sep 17 16:00:09 EDT 2004

On 16 Sep 2004 19:26:14 -0700, pat@PATBOYACK.COM (pat boyack) wrote:

 >I have played five Jazz Fests with Marcia and have not played the HOB or
 >Blues tents.

My bad! You guys were on the main stage and on the Fox8/Sprint Stage, or
whatever they called it that year. (But damn...I was sure I'd seen her on
the HOB.)

 > As an artist however I do park in the parking lot next to the
 >Blues tent and it is always full or close to it. Deacon John and Tab
 >Beniot come to mind and it sounded fine too. I did go to the HOB stage the
 >first two years and there was a much smaller crowd each time.

My first Jazz Fest was 1998. Deacon John closed the fest on the HOB stage,
while the Neville's, the Rads and other heavyweights were closing other
stages. Deac had an overflow crowd, and was so "on" that I passed on the
Nevilles. All of which reinforces what I've witnessed every time I've seen
Deac (including the street party that was filmed for his flic a couple
years ago): Whereever he goes he packs 'em in.

 >Move it inside with air conditioning.

Good AC would be a big improvement.

Jef