Carlos Guitarlos Stuff (TN, AR, MS, UK, etc)

Damon M. Ayala DME4music@aol.com
Fri Sep 17 03:57:53 EDT 2004

Hi. Just thought I'd pass along some very special Carlos  Guitarlos
happenings.

I've been working REAL hard to get Carlos name out there to where I believe
it should be.  I have been rewarded with some incredible opportunities to
expose Carlos to some of the highest levels that American Roots Music has to
offer.  As a result, he'll be light years away from the streets of San
Francisco's Mission District, where he busked for most of the last dozen  years.

I hope some of you can get out support and experience Carlos  Guitarlos.
He's truly one of a kind. Here's what's happening:

Carlos has been selected to perform at the Americana Music Association
Conference (Sept 23-25) in Nashville, TN.  Other artists selected  to perform
include Delbert McClinton, Dave Alvin, Billy Joe Shaver,  Michelle Shocked, Bernie
Leadon and Junior Brown. Carlos will be playing a few  dates in surrounding
cities leading up to Nashville.  Scroll down for  dates.

For our UK Zellers, Carlos will be heading overseas immediately after the
AMA performance for a Radio Publicity Tour that includes over a dozen BBC
stations, most notably BBC Radio 2, 4, and 6. The trip will be highlighted by a
headlining performance at London's legendary music nightspot, The  Borderline.
Many great artists have played there and it's a true sign  that Carlos CD,
"Straight from the Heart", has really caught on in the  UK, where it has gotten
incredible reviews at the highest levels.  The  London Times called it "a
Roots-Rock masterpiece"!

Lastly, Carlos is working on a follow-up solo album and is also  recording a
duets album with the incredibly talented Marcy Levy (Clapton), who  is now in
his band.  Talk about a Beauty and the Beast  story...     Anyway, session
players include an all-world  rhythm section that features Jim Keltner, James
"Hutch" Hutchinson, and Johnny  Lee Schell.  David Hidalgo of Los Lobos will be
guesting on the solo  project.

Thanks for making it this far.. here's the dates:

Tuesday, September 21 (9:30pm)
Sticky Fingerz Rock 'n' Roll Chicken Shack (_www.stickyfingerz.com_
(http://www.stickyfingerz.com) )
Little Rock, AR

Wednesday, September 22 (Happy Hour from 7-8 pm/Music from 8-10  pm)
The Bon Ton Cafe  (info: Betsie Brown, Crowsfeet  Productions 901-278-6850)
Memphis, TN

Thursday, September 23 (5:30 pm)
Thacker Mountain Radio (_www.thackermountain.com_
(http://www.thackermountain.com) )
Live @ Off Square Books
Oxford, MS

Thursday, September 23 (10 pm)
Two Sticks (662-236-6639)
Oxford, MS

Friday, September 24 (9:30pm)
The Mercy Lounge (_www.mercylounge.com_ (http://www.mercylounge.com) )
Nashville, TN

September 27 - October 4
UK Radio Publicity Tour (stations to be announced, see website!)

Thursday, September 30 (9:30pm)
The Borderline (_www.borderline.co.uk_ (http://www.borderline.co.uk) )
London

Thanks for Shopping!

Damon  Ayala

Nomad Records/Damon Michael Entertainment
Los  Angeles
626-483-0915
_www.carlosguitarlos.com_ (http://www.carlosguitarlos.com/)