Effective blues communications

Salty Dog jeffreymhorton@hotmail.com
Tue Sep 14 13:22:21 EDT 2004

>Date:    Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:58:05 -0700
>From:    ROBIN BANK$ <misschanteuse@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: Effective blues communications
>
>Ever see Sam Myers spell his name? I can only say that
>some of us are fortunate enough to have had an
>education that allows us to communicate effectively.
>(most of the time!) Some folks were not that lucky...
>especially, say if you were Black and raised in
>Mississippi in the early part of the 1900's.
>
>RB$ - fortunate one

Sam's spoken English is replete with grammatical and syntactical errors, not
to mention the idiom of a bygone era. But no one can doubt his ability to
communicate. When he exclaims, "Now, looka here, muthaf...a!," he comes
across loud and clear!

And he does use a stamp for autographs and legal docuements.  But once when
I had a rare day off and I was on the duty roster for running him around
town doing pre-road trip errands, we stopped at his bank to withdraw some
money from his savings account.  He didn't have his stamp, so in the
presence of the teller, I gave him a pen to hold and put my hand on his, and
slowly guided him to write out, "S..a..m  M..y..e..r..s."  It wasn't pretty
to look at, but it got him his money!

NaCl K9
http://www.sweetsammyers.com