Effective blues communications

Walter Potter maxdog-blues-l@comcast.net
Mon Sep 13 18:42:49 EDT 2004

ROBIN BANK$ wrote:
> Ever see Sam Myers spell his name? I can only say that
> some of us are fortunate enough to have had an
> education that allows us to communicate effectively.
> (most of the time!) Some folks were not that lucky...
> especially, say if you were Black and raised in
> Mississippi in the early part of the 1900's.
>
> RB$ - fortunate one

I have a CD Sam "signed." He took the marker and drew lines all over the
place but I'll be damned if it resembles any language I know. Before
anyone says, "Well, wha'd ya expect - he's blind," my friend "Sir"
Charles Atkins is also blind but can sign his name if he has a straight
edge to work with. Some vision impaired people carry stamps with their
signature to make life easier. BTW, I highly value the disk Sam Myers
signed. It's unique in my collection and damn good music to boot!
--
maxdog

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." -Will Rogers