Rockin' Jake Blues Band

Jef Jaisun jef@jaisunphoto.com
Mon Sep 13 03:16:26 EDT 2004

On 12 Sep 2004 17:48:03 -0700, pattykeyes@charter.net (~Patty~) wrote:

 >Can anyone tell me anything about Rockin' Jake (a harp
 >player from New Orleans).  I just heard he's playing here
 >tomorrow night.

Yeah. Definitely go see him! He was here Saturday night and tore the place
up. In fact, he was still playing at 2am when the club shut him down.
(Retarded liquor laws in Washington State.)

He's got a guy from Thibodeaux on guitar who's not only excellent, but
doesn't try to emulate everybody in the universe. Got a good sense of
irony, too. I caught him subtley slipping a quick Otis Rush lick into a
Muddy Waters tune.

Jake is a road warrior in the best sense of the word. He's a high energy
performer, a tasteful harp player, and he'll keep you dancing all night
long. I rate him A++.  :)

Jef