NBC: As for Ivan

P.W. Fenton pwfenton@p-dub.com
Sun Sep 12 17:17:58 EDT 2004

At 08:09 PM 9/12/2004 +0000, Walter Potter wrote:
>BTW, I'm taking donations for gas money to run from Ivan. No donation is
>too small! Folks are already leaving the area.

As for Ivan... it feels really creepy to feel genuinely relieved to see
Ivan's projected path no longer pointing at me.  You can't help but feel
guilty that you can only be spared at someone else's peril.  It's my
sincere hope that this one falls apart before effecting any more people.  4
storms hitting Florida in a little more than a month is way too much to
take.  We are so punchy now.  For two days the projected path has been
moving further and further away from my area, yet even today there are
people in my neighborhood boarding up their windows.  Mine have been
boarded since Frances.  I can't help hearing that line from Randy Newman's
"Louisiana"  over and over in my head... "They're tryin' to wash us away...
they're tryin' to wash us away."

I have twice been the amazingly lucky victim of a tornado.  The first one
picked up my Toyota pickup, with me in it, and tossed me towards the edge
of a highway overpass, and the second one picked up my sailboat with my
wife and I in it, and slammed it upside down into 8 feet of water (a 22
foot mast doesn't fit well into an 8 foot space).  You would think I was
somehow statistically pre-disastered or something, but I still seem to be
attracting these things.

I hope the panhandle gets little more than rain, but I really don't need
that thing coming back towards me again.

P.W. Fenton
New Port Richey, FL
http://BluesLand.Net - A comprehensive network of Blues related resources