David Jacobs-Strain

Terry Odor tlo2@hotmail.com
Sun Sep 12 14:57:25 EDT 2004

David Jacobs-Strain's CD release party at Mississippi Studio last night (Sat
9/11) was nothing short of incredible.  David's mentor Walker T. Ryan backed
him up on some numbers and did a short set of his own.  Anne Weiss was there
to provide backup/accompanying vocals.  At 21 years old, one has to ask, as
Greg Johnson did "How much better can he possibly get?"  David displayed an
incredible depth in his guitar playing, singing, song writing and stage
presence.  You can bet this show will be on my list of "Performances of the
Year" next year for a Muddy Award.

This was also my first visit to the venue Mississippi Studio.  What a great
venue.  Small and intimate, seating a maximum of about 50 people, great
accoustics, visually appealing and comfortable, this would be my venue of
choice to see any performer.  Check it out at
http://www.mississippistudios.com/ .   Congratulations to Jim Brunberg on
his outstanding venue.

Terry