Chicago based blues

Karen Hanson karen.hanson@gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 20:29:09 EDT 2004

Looks like I'll be writing about the blues again, this time in the
Chicago metropolitan area. I'd like to hear from Chicago-based blues
artists,
bands, managers, club owners and managers, DJs, and others involved in
any capacity in the blues.

I'll be looking to build a file of press/media info and for interview
possibilities. Please e-mail me for details.

I am a freelance writer with a degree in journalism and nearly eight
years of steady professional writing gigs. I worked full-time at
Chicago suburban publications for
several years. Currently I write a weekly column and features stories
for a local edition of the Joliet Herald News. In the past I wrote a
monthly blues feature
and column for a music magazine based in NYC. Some of you may remember
my home-grown website, "Ms. Juke's
Blues Place." (It's no longer in existence.) My writing has received
awards from the Illinois Press Association and
the Northern Illinois Newspaper Association.

I appreciate any leads/ contacts you can give me.

Note: I will not be reviewing CDs.

Karen Hanson

Ms. Juke

Freelance journalist