PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 9/4/04

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sun Sep 5 07:49:16 EDT 2004

My show #324. Today's Saturday Blue Plate Special was a non traditional look
at Labor Day, just blues about working hard. Also a tribute to the late
Raful Neal.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)
Blues Cafe'
101 CAC WWSP Reserve Street UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481

3-7P on 90FM - the only alternative!

September 4, 2004

Saturday Blue Plate Special "Workin' Hard Blues"
Muddy Waters /Southbound Train /Sings Bill Broonzy /Chess
Arthur Gunter /Workin' for My Baby /Baby Let's Play House /Excello
Johnny Copeland /Working Man's Blues /Blues Power /P-Vine
James Cotton /title track /Cut You Loose /Vanguard

New on the Menu
John Lee Hooker /Goin' to Louisiana /We'll Play the Blues for You /Stax
Eddie Kirkland /Call Me on the Phone - Thrill is Gone /Democrat Blues /Blue
Suit
R.L.Burnside /See What My Buddy Done /A Bothered Mind /Fat Possum
Mavis Staples /God is Not Sleeping /Have a Little Faith /Alligator
Craig Horton /That Little Girl Can Dance /Touch of the Bluesman /Bad Daddy

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed,
All of it Blue! featuring Pinetop Perkins
wi. Robert Nighthawk 1950 /Jackson Town Girl /Drop Down Mama /Chess
wi. Earl Hooker 1953 /Pinetop's Boogie Woogie /Sun Records 25 Classics /Sun
Pinetop Perkins /Chains of Love /Ladies Man /M.C.
Pinetop Perkins /Kansas City /Ladies Man /M.C.
Pinetop Perkins /Meanest Woman /Ladies Man /M.C.
Pinetop Perkins /How Long Blues /8 Hands on 88 Keys /The Sirens
Pinetop Perkins wi. Legendary Blues Band /I Almost Lost My Mind /Red Hot 'n'
Blue /Rounder

New on the Menu
Amos Garrett /Judgement Day /Acoustic Album /Stony Plain
Paul Filipowicz /My Kind of Baby /Chinatown /Big Jake
Oscar Jordan /Rough Neck /Eclectic Soul /self
Joe Bonamassa /When She Dances /Had to Cry Today /Premier Artists
Ray Charles /You Don't Know Me /Genius Loves Company /Concord
Groove Hogs /Waiting on You /Blue Rhythms White Lies /Pixel Max
Geils, Robillard, Beaudoin /Backdoor Blues /New Guitar Summit /Stony Plain
E.G. Kight /Stay Awhile /Takin' it Easy /Blue South

Saturday Blue Plate Special more "Workin' Hard Blues"
Lonnie Johnson /Crowing Rooster Blues /Essential /Classic Blues
Mississippi Matilda /Hardworking Woman /Four Women Blues /RCA
Jimmy Rogers /Hardworking Man /Complete Chess Recordings /Chess
Ashton Savoy /Need Shorter Hours /Goldband Records Anthology /Ace
Eddie Boyd /title track /Five Long Years /Evidence

New on the Menu
Reverend Raven /Bee Hive Baby /Live at Blues on Grand /Nevermore
Nora Jean Bruso /If You're Looking for Someone /Going Back to Mississippi
/Severn
Joe Louis Walker /Mr. G's Boogie /New Direction /Blues Bureau
Jelly Roll All-Stars /I'm Gonna Get My Baby /Must be Jelly /Severn

A Goodbye to Raful Neal
Raful Neal /Down and Out /Louisiana Legend /Alligator
Raful Neal /Little Red Rooster /I Been Mistreated /Ichiban
Raful Neal /Call Me Baby /Old Friends /Club Louisianne
Raful Neal /Luberta /HooDoo Kings /Telarc

Saturday Blue Plate Special more "Workin' Hard Blues"
Blind Boy Fuller /Working Man Blues /Roots of the Blues v1 /Direct Source
Ray Agee /The Monkey on My Back /Bay Area Blues Blasters /El Cerrito
Rod Piazza /Hard Work Boogie /Essential Collection /Black Top
Snooky Pryor & Mel Brown /Work 'Til My Days are Gone /Double Shot
/Electro-Fi

New on the Menu
Robert Johnson /I Believe I'll Dust My Broom /King of the Delta Blues
Singers v2 /Columbia
Clarence Brown /The Drifter /Timeless /Hightone
Ben Harper /Church on Time /There Will be a Light /Virgin
Albert Cummings /Lonely Bed /True to Yourself /Blind Pig
Bill Perry /Man on the Side /Raw Deal /Blind Pig