Trying to bring closure to the Jimmy Rogers Headstone controversy

Damon M. Ayala DME4music@aol.com
Fri Sep 3 14:54:35 EDT 2004

Tom.  I respect you and your past.  I noted we need more like you.  I'm not
going to get into producing any proof, however.  The Blues-L digest is there
for everyone to see and form their own opinion, as did I.  I was really just
trying to be objective and along with that posted some serious questions about
fundraising that probably just shows my ignorance. I guess I just felt that I
wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of your posts to the Blindman... and
now here I am on the recieving end. Stupid me.  Really, I agree with you and
your stance and I'm satsfied that you represent Jimmy and his family well.
Mostly, I feel it could have been handled offlist, other than posting the fact that
it is not an authorized fundraiser.  So didn't mean to get you going, but
it's important to remember that others have opinions and are free to post them
here, harsh or otherwise.

The one thing I do disagree with is the comparison of using a Waterman image
as part of a fundraiser as opposed to raising funds for someone, however
intentioned.  There are fundamental differences.  That is why a newspaper can't use
a Waterman image without authorization, but the paper can write about Son
House without any authorization from family, management, etc.

Anyway, I didn't mean to get on your bad side, so I'll just shut up now.

Sincerely,

Damon

In a message dated 9/3/2004 2:22:37 AM Pacific Daylight Time,