Trying to bring closure to the Jimmy Rogers Headstone controversy

Damon M. Ayala DME4music@aol.com
Fri Sep 3 04:30:29 EDT 2004

I've read this thread with great interest, as I would be more than happy to
donate should the family deem it neccessary.  Tom, maybe it was arrogant of
the Blindman and others to assume the family couldn't get it right the first
time.  However, you did at times step out of your professional bounds by
insulting others. State your case, period.

One thing that you have mentioned throughout your posts, and this is not an
attack of any sort, but mere curiosity:  Does anyone really have to get  your
permission, or even the family's, to raise money for a cause?  I don't  think
so, but maybe I'm wrong.  If the money were not given to the family  or
misappropriated in some other way, then I can comprehend your  reaction.  Not that
you need to justify it to me.  In a way it's good  to see you vehemently defend
the legacy of an old Blues man.  In that  respect, we need more guys like you.

But you've got to remember that the nature of this list is to support the
blues.  Sure, there can still be some underhandedness going on.  But I  doubt
that was the Blindman's intention.

Peace,

Damon

In a message dated 9/3/2004 12:34:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,