NBC: Real Life Angels

P.W. Fenton pwfenton@p-dub.com
Thu Sep 2 20:47:33 EDT 2004

Today while I was busy with other hurricane preparations, my wife Roz went
to "Home Depot".  We needed 9 sheets of plywood to secure our home.  She
got there in time to buy 9 of the very LAST sheets available.  We wanted
5/8 inch but settled for the 3/4 inch they had left.  When she tried to pay
and have them hold the plywood until tomorrow when we could get a truck
there to pick them up they REFUSED.  They were afraid that if they reserved
plywood, other people would come and try to take it.  Another man waiting
in line (named Robbie Bailey) spoke up and said that he would help my wife
and drive the plywood to my house.   All I know about him is that he is
from Alabama and was in this area for a construction job.  He followed my
wife home and helped us unload the plywood from his trailer.  He refused
the money I tried to give him.

We love him and our hearts go out to him, and we hope he stays safe through
the storm.

P.W. Fenton
New Port Richey, FL
http://BluesLand.Net - A comprehensive network of Blues related resources