Jimmy Rogers Headstone ,supposed errors.NOT AUTHORIZED

Chefoblues@aol.com Chefoblues@aol.com
Wed Sep 1 14:43:42 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/31/2004 9:16:10 AM Central Standard Time,
maxdog-blues-l@comcast.net writes:

> On  Aug 31, 2004, at 9:02 AM, Walter Potter wrote:
>
> > I think it  should be pointed out again that the series of films were
> > not  supposed to be all inclusive, a history or even a fair sampling of
>  > the blues. It was not supposed to be the blues version of Ken  Burn's
> > Jazz series. It was seven films by seven directors about  their take on
> > the blues. They only dealt with certain aspects of  interest to them.
> > --
> > maxdog

*****snip

I understand that the PBS series was done by different directors and those
directors picked what ever  particular aspect of  the genre they related to at
the time.  How ever  idid tune  in to the "Blues Godfathers" portion and was
disappointed not to see Jimmy  Rogers in that segment like i'd read it would on
the blues-L.  I  was tickled however to see Othar Turner in the Martin
Scorsese segment...it  wasn't until later that i bought the "Gangs of New York" DVD
that i learned that  Scorsese featured Othar's music with a very convincing
effect in  that film.  I've always admired Scorsese's work as a director.  One
thing i find is that his films are very poignant and leave feeling i've
learned  something.  In my book Scorsese using Mr. Turner's drums and fife in  that
movie moved him up a couple of notches.

sdh