Labor Day "Blues"

Chip Eagle ceagle@visnat.com
Wed Sep 1 13:53:37 EDT 2004

I've written a bit about labor music so I can at least offer some songs that
are standards in the movement. I know that the bulk of these are in the
Folk/Labor music vein, but perhaps the list will help. Many of these songs
in your hands might become the Blues. Some would say they are already.

Leadbelly's "Bourgeois Blues"-It isn't specifically about labor, but...
Si Kahn's "Aragon Mill". Hell, anything by Si works and some has Blues tinge
and would certainly in your hands.
"John Henry"
"East Virginia Blues" maybe
"Been On The Job Too Long" - Wilmer Watts and the Lonely Eagles
"Gonna Die With My Hammer In My Hand"
"Steel Drivin' Man"
"Shut Up in the Mines of Coal Creek"-New Lost City Ramblers
"Talkin' Union"
"Which Side Are You On?"
"There Is Power In A Union"
"The Boss" Utah Phillips-again, most of his work, also "Dump The Bosses Off
Your Back"
"Power In the Union"
"Union Burying Ground"
"Solidarity Forever"
All of Anne Feeney's work

Feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance. Chip

Chip Eagle
Blues Revue/BluesWax/FolkWax