anyone know much about jimmy reeves jr?

ChicagoBlues1991@aol.com ChicagoBlues1991@aol.com
Mon Oct 18 13:17:52 EDT 2004

I have one LP of his on Checker.  Its decent but nothing special.

CB

In a message dated 10/18/04 9:58:45 AM, bluesginza@yahoo.co.jp writes:

<< At 8:38 AM -0400 2004.10.18, c.n. wrote:
>I think he was on Checker, and I read that Big Walter Horton was on a
>record he did.  Is that record, or any others by him, available on disc?
>thanks, chuck

Chuck,

The record is called "Born To Love Me" recorded in 1970,
and it indeed has Big Walter on it. It was released on
CD in Japan in 1996 and I have that copy, but other than
that, I think it's been out of print for a while.

Over half of the songs are covers of Jimmy Reed. The band
also features Matt Murphy, Mighty Joe Young, Sunnyland Slim,
and Lafayette Leake.

Not a bad record, though not essential.

Sincerely,
Mas
--
oo--oo--oo--oo--oo--oo--oo--oo--oo--oo--oo--oo--
MASAHIRO SUMORI  Blues Ginza, Tokyo, Japan