blues news & gossip & other stuff

Christine Vitale cv@christinevitale.com
Wed Oct 13 20:14:45 EDT 2004

if you wish to be taken off this mailing list, or receive multiple
copies of this newsletter.....

View From A Broad

Hi Everybody.

YeeeHaaaa! Election Day is right around the corner, and this
ridiculous campaign is almost over. I can't wait!  I'm so excited, I
hope I don't pull a hamstring dashing off to my polling place. Oh,
Boy! Another debate, tonight! I wonder if they'll stick to the same
inane, sandbox tactics, or move to something that  requires a little
more maturity, a little more strategy...... like the King of the
Mound. Maybe the gloves will really come off tonight, and they'll
argue about whose dad has the bigger.....yard. Maybe one of them, the
one with the IQ of a slow chimp, will totally lose his cool, and
scream POOPIE DUMMY! .... while stomping on his opponent's sand
castle. Where's Ross Perot when you need him?

Now for the important stuff....I'll make it quick:

Pauline York's CD Muddy Water, had been on the RMR charts for 15
weeks. Catch one of her live shows: Oct 15, Blue Gator, Athens, OH;
Oct.16, Fat Fish Blue, Newport, KY; Nov. 6, Buddy Guy's Chicago. For
more info go to Pauline's website: http://www.PaulineYorkBand.com

Craig Horton is featured in a two page article entitled Breaking Out
in the November/December issue of Living Blues Magazine. His current
CD Touch of the Bluesman will be reviewed in this same issue. Oct 14,
you can catch Craig at Buddy Guy's in Chicago.
http://www.dbaddaddy.com

Tom Rigney, fiddle player, best known for hanging near the top of the
Americana charts with his band The Sun Dogs, is releasing his first
blues CD entitled A Blue Thing. Street date is set for 10/19, and the
CD will be distributed through City Hall Records. The list of guest
artists on A Blue Thing is most impressive: Roy Rogers, Norton
Buffalo, Danny Caron, Bob Brozman, Anthony Paule, Jerry Cortez, Steve
Evans (bass, Coco Montoya), Caroline Dahl, and Kevin Hayes (drums
Robert Cray). Rigney will be performing at Sweetwater, Mill Valley,
CA on Nov. 4. http://www.rigomania.com

Tommy Castro resigned with Blind Pig Records, and is currently in the
studio putting finishing touches on the recording. Catch one of his
gigs: 10/29 & 30, Moe's Alley, Santa Cruz; Nov. 3 The Rhythm Room,
Phoenix; Nov 10, Biscuits & Blues, San Francisco.
http://www.TommyCastro.com

CHIT-n-CHAT

EG Kight was at Biscuits and Blues, SF last week. However, due to
circumstances beyond my control, and with much regret, I was unable
to attend her show. But I was supposed to hear her.....on Sat, I was
surfin' the radio and heard this fabulous woman singer, and she was
singing the blues...she was so good, I had to stay tuned to find out
the name of the singer, and what program it was that I was listening
to.......It was EG, and she was performing on SF based NPR program,
West Coast Live! She's great!
Preacher Boy has been on the road promoting his CD Demanding To Be
Next. He recently opened a whole slew of shows for Charlie
Musselwhite.... Not too shabby. Catch one of his shows: Oct 15,
Schluer's Grand Rapids, MI; Oct 22, Moondog's, Blawnox, PA; Nov 14,
Uncommon Ground, Chicago.
The Groove Hogs are playing at Chord On Blues, St Charles, IL, Nov. 5
Ruben V is at Threadgills, Austin on Oct 14; and Dr. Rockitts, Corpus
Christi Oct 29.
Paul Filipowicz  is touring Europe most of October & November.

HOT FLASH.......ME! ME! ME!

...I am thrilled to announce that  Monica Blakley, of Ben Manilla
Productions (Dan Aykroyd House of Blues Radio Hour) and I are joining
forces. Watch out!........

Well, that's it for now.....I have to go watch  the Duh-bate.

Ciao For Now,

The Cranky Yankee

Links....some fun,  some really stupid

http://www.rootshighway.com