the first blues "L" song? (today's bluesquote)

c. n. cnevitt@hotmail.com
Wed Oct 6 15:17:49 EDT 2004

>From: Fernando Javier Toral <ftoral@mecon.gov.ar>
>To: BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG
>Subject: Re: the first blues "L" song? (today's bluesquote)
>Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:33:15 -0300
>
>gtrmac ha escrito:
>
> > Frankie (half Pint)Jackson
> > I haven't heard that name for a long time I think he did a tune Call
>It's
> > Heated  There was always a Miff about him If he was Straight or Gay?.
> >                            Guitar Mac.
>
>Actually, I think it was Jaxon, am I wrong?

You're right, and at the bluesquote page  http://bluesquoteoftheday.com we
have it as Jaxon, just a simple mistake was made by Mac.

>BTW, what does it have to do with his singing style his sexual preference?

I'd say it has at least a little bit to do with it, since he (reportedly)
was known to perform material such as "My Daddy Rocks Me With One Steady
Roll" while in drag.    chuck