Tecate Christmas Food Drive-Please Read

The Barnburners! barnburners@COX.NET
Mon Nov 29 01:50:35 EST 2004

Hey, folks!
We'll be performing this coming Sunday at the 5th Annual Tecate Food Drive at the Blue Café in Long Beach.  We go on at 12:45 -- it's definitely a worthy cause, and we hope you all can make it.

Joe McGaha
The Barnburners
http://www.barnburnersblues.com

Here's what Greg Serrato had to say about it:

Hi All!

I want to take a minute of your time to tell you about something extremely important.
On Sunday December 5th from 12 noon to 6:00pm at the Blue Cafe in Long Beach, Victor Delgado is presenting the
5th Annual Tecate Food Drive.

There are folks in this world that are much less fortunate than us all on our worst day. Yeah, we all have our times of hardship and we all go through the fire of life. However, there are people that struggle everyday to survive with little to eat and not much of a place they call home. They don't have electricity, no plumbing, no heat or running water. Their one room houses are made of Wood Pallets, Cardboard and Plaster. These folks live in Tecate Mexico and Victor has a strong & sincere conviction in his heart to help these people. I along with my musical counterparts join him in his efforts!

The Tecate Christmas Food drive was organized in order to give these less fortunate a bit of hope for the future and to make life a little more enjoyable during the Holiday Season.

Six Great Blues Bands that I admire, along with my band, are going to give of their time to perform for this important cause.

The Barnburners
BB Chung King & The Buddaheads
Michael John & The Bottom Line
Mama's Boy's
Ms. Jill Sharpe
Midnight Blues Band
&
Your Truly @ 5pm

How better to spend a Sunday afternoon than to help a worthy cause while sippin' on your favorite beverage & listening to some hot blues music.  The admission to see all this talent is merely Canned Food, Water, and other Non-Perishables.

This has nothing to do with Keeping The Blues Alive......
It's all about keeping PEOPLE alive!

I ask for your support & if you cannot attend, please pass this along to your friends!!

Thank You So Much!
Greg Serrato

The Blue Cafe
210 Promenade