Eric Clapton (and Pat Boone)

Leonard D Watkins ldw@uab.edu
Mon May 17 17:15:28 EDT 2004

Thanks for clearing that up.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Bears [mailto:bearszac@earthlink.net]
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 4:12 PM
To: BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG
Subject: Re: Eric Clapton (and Pat Boone)

There you have it.. It doesn't matter if people like it or not, EC is
important to the blues and in my opinion a blues man.. Just because he's
recorded other things, that doesn't mean he's not a blues man.. If we
used that standard, then I guess any artist who played on a country or
jazz session should be blues persona non grata.....That would take care
of most of 'em.... If  not I could easily think of somethin' else to use
as a disqualifier...

Bruce Bears