On a Heavier Note

Leonard D Watkins ldw@uab.edu
Mon May 17 09:18:43 EDT 2004

NEED and WANT are two different things, Do keep in mind the CD was not
free nor does he give frequent free shows. Needing the bucks and WANTING
the bucks are not the same

-----Original Message-----
From: c. n. [mailto:cnevitt@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 3:23 PM
To: BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG
Subject: Re: On a Heavier Note

I'm with ya here Patti.

Some of these comments about his blues playing skills (or not) make me
wonder what they know that B.B. evidently
didn't--considering he was more than willing to do a record with him (it
is
only a guess, but I don't think he needs the bucks so bad that he
couldn't
have declined).
chuck

>From: Swblu4@aol.com
>I grew up a Clapton fan and now that I know the difference of what
blues is
>don't consider him a blues musician. I do consider him an excellent
player
>and more importantly he does right by the blues. Anyone that could put
on a
>mega
>concert and include Hubert Sumlin, Otis Rush, BB King, Buddy Guy, Bo
>Diddley,
>Robert Randolph, Robert Cray, Jimmie Vaughn and ZZ Top is alright in by
>book.
>
>Patti
>http://www.southwestblues.com

Archives & web interface:
http://lists.netspace.org/archives/blues-l.html
NetSpace LISTSERV(R) software donated by L-Soft, Inc.
http://www.lsoft.com
BLUES-L to: listserv@lists.netspace.org