Mike Bloomfield

Chefoblues@aol.com Chefoblues@aol.com
Fri May 14 19:22:47 EDT 2004

In a message dated 5/13/04 10:23:11 AM Central Daylight Time, Sonlewis1
writes:

> >> Got my first copy on LP in late 60's, got it for the first time on CD a
>> few
>> years ago, still one of my favs...classic stuff, haven't seen Super Session
>> II
>>

> Do you mean "The Live Adventures's of...." recorded at the Fillmore?  That
> is out there available on CD along with some other CD from the same
> performance featuring some out-takes and additional unreleased songs as "The Lost
> Session" (or something like that...)
>
> Bloomfield is also featured on piano (he was actually pretty good, too) on
> "Grape Jam", a special LP that was packaged with Moby Grape's "Wow" album
> (their second) and he played piano on a couple of John Hammond's early electric
> releases on Vanguard.
>

> Son Lewis

that all sounds pretty familiar, i believe the live album we call Super S II
was recorded at the Fillmore (west)  'bout the only thing i remember off the
album was Al Kooper (who was at the heart of the projects) calling Elvin Bishop
up to play as a "special guest".  I had a double album by Moby Grape, can't
remember the name of it but one disk i think was just a straight jam...Grape
Jam in fact...no foolin'

sdh