I'm still a dinosaur

Blue Stew mail@BLUESTEW.COM
Fri May 14 02:17:57 EDT 2004

You would (I'm guessing) like Alvin Youngblood Hart, a young guy that
sounds like an old guy.
Mike
Ps, Don't feel old.  I still think of Roger Moore as the "NEW" James
Bond!

-----Original Message-----
From: Blues Music List [mailto:BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG] On Behalf Of
Fred Dabney
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 10:30 AM
To: BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG
Subject: Re: I'm still a dinosaur

Years ago when I was on Blues-l I listened mostly to the old guys. I
haven't changed I can't name a modern blues person that I have bought
their CD a few exceptions, very few. The last blues CD I bought was the
incredible Miss Muddy Live reissue.

For me, it's almost but not quite the same.

It's not that I eschew "modern" because it's modern as some
have accused me of doing, I just don't much care for the sound
of most modern blues artists and their music.

Young guys who play and sing in the old style are another
matter.  There are a few who have potential but who have
had their sound more influenced by rock so I don't care
for them, even though I grant that they obviously have
talent.

But I prefer to hear, say Bach played on period instruments
and using period styles to with the modern instruments too.

Hard to explain, but if one embraces "roots", one should
at least consider all of them.

Fred D.

Archives & web interface:
http://lists.netspace.org/archives/blues-l.html
NetSpace LISTSERV(R) software donated by L-Soft, Inc.
http://www.lsoft.com
BLUES-L to: listserv@lists.netspace.org