Great James Cotton Record Rereleased

Steve Hoffman steve@goodnote.com
Tue Jan 13 20:14:09 EST 2004

I didn't know it was out of print before /(/I thought I had it on CD in
some form) but CB91 is right - this is a great album.  James Cotton &
one of the best touring blues bands ever, at their peak.  And for those
of you who've forgotten what a wonderful, gritty vocalist Cotton was
before he lost his voice, this would be a wonderful album even if he
wasn't also blowing great harp.  Everytime I listen to this album it
reminds me why I so much enjoyed seeing blues live back in the early to
mid-70s. Altho this is a studio album, it is damn near exactly like what
Cotton & his guys sounded like.  Get it!
-Steve Hoffman