Top Ten Regrets In Blues

ChicagoBlues1991@aol.com ChicagoBlues1991@aol.com
Sun Oct 26 23:47:47 EST 2003

Top Ten Regrets In Blues:

1.  Big Bad Smitty didn't live long enough for me to make it to St. Louis and
see him.  (I was actually planning a trip.)

2.  I wasn't born early enough to see Guitar Slim with his red suits, 300 lb.
girlfriends and 150 foot guitar chord.

3.  I moved to LA one year too late to see Johnny Guitar Watson and Evans
"Neckbone" Walker.  (Luckily I saw Larry Johnson, JJ Bad Boy Jones and Louisiana
Guitar Red many times.)

4.  When I lived in Chicago I never saw Big Smokey Smothers, Buddy Scott or
Johnny Littlejohn... and that KILLS me.

5.  Albert King will never hear my inevitable tribute album to him.

6.  I'll never get to sit down with Michael Bloomfield.  At least Elvin's
still around.

7.  It's starting to look like I'll never get to meet BB King.

8.  I wish I had a video camera for those countless nights I spent at
B.L.U.E.S and B.L.U.E.S. etc...  and many juke joints on the south and west sides in
Chicago.

9.  Never saw JB Hutto.

10.  Never saw Bobby King.

What are your top ten regrets?