WHITE FOLKS ARE KEEPING THE BLUES ALIVE,

gtrmac gtrmac@prodigy.net
Sun Oct 19 10:51:32 EDT 2003

http://pages.prodigy.net/gtrmac
http://www.geocities.com/guitrmac555
----- Original Message -----
From: "c. n." <cnevitt@hotmail.com>
To: <BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG>
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2003 2:52 AM
Subject: Re: WHITE FOLKS ARE KEEPING THE BLUES ALIVE,

> >From: Fred Dabney <fdabney@nmsu.edu>
>
> >This whole thing about Jazz and/or Blues being the first true
> >"American" music is a "feel-good" thing, and it just means
> >it's the first music from this country that appealed to European
> >intelligentsia.  Something which Indian music hasn't.
One of the reason is that blues is truth somenthing you can grasp feel good
or bad about.It's like the poor sucker who  complain because he had no shoes
until he met a man that had no feet!.

(GM)

> Maybe they believed the American propaganda machine, and considered them
> nothing more than savages, who needed to be "civilized"....by our guns,
> murderers, and lies. Something that (to me) questions both the American
and
> European "intelligentsia," and instead makes me wonder if that term was
not,
> and is not, more of a romantic notion than it is a fact--no matter how
> special it makes some feel about their role in this world. To hear that
same
> "intelligentsia" tell it (and to look at their artwork of the same), Jesus
> was white, with light brown flowing hair. We all know better, but still,
> look how little effort has ever been made to change that erroneous
> perception.    chuck
Now that right there alone will make for the blues.There is so many
different people in this world and so many of them believe in a different
Jesus or maybe the same jesus but getting a different message.What you think
is the reason the A sertain %of the people cant by in to it or don't get it?

http://www.lsoft.com