Speaking of BB King (hey max)

c. n. cnevitt@hotmail.com
Fri Oct 10 05:35:28 EDT 2003

Excuse me Maxdog, but do I really have to put up with these personal attacks
from Salmon and Fenton, for simply sharing my opinion on what I think caused
B.B. to get emotional? How about
asking them to both do what they are so quick to bitch about others doing.
It's no damn wonder the subscriber numbers stay where they are; If you
happen to say anything one of them doesn't agree with, they'll be hell to
pay....one way or another. Bill specializes in personal threats (like I
might be afraid, ha-friggin-ha), and Fenton with his behind the scenes
shenanigans, or in this case, uncalled for personal attacks.  What puzzles
me is that I didn't slag either one of them, in any way, shape, or form. As
far as where I get the notion that B.B. wasn't overcome because of simply
getting to play to a white audience, well, that came from his autobiography,
where he recalls numerous racists experiences....which is why I think he was
choked up at the thought of all those hippie kids at the Fillmore back in
the 60s.  He finally realized that not all white folks were small-minded
hateful individuals. That must have struck a nerve, because even though I
was clearly speaking of another place and time,
of what I thought was another group of people, these two felt compelled to
attack me over it. I do hope that someday they'll be able to rise above such
tactics...and let people have an opinion that might be different from their
own.  chuck