piano blues

Ron Weinstock rbluesw@YAHOO.COM
Wed Oct 8 06:14:09 EDT 2003

If they did not include some extraneous crap, Eastwood could have included Yancey and Little
Brother.

Of the Boost of sales is limited to cds and dvds tied in to the blues and the 'blues' acts you
hear on Clear Channel stations (perhaps Jonny Lang and Susan Tedeschi), and not to acts like
Lucky Peterson and Bettye Lavette, There will have been no benefit to the blues.  Folks will
buy the 5cd box and nothing else to have their 'essential' blues.  Somebody might point to a
boost in blues sales for Billboard, but to the working blues acts, it won't matter. If people go
out and catch some live blues acts by local bands (WETA in Washington ran spots on local
bands and promoted the local blues scene before running the shows), there is a boost in
small label sales, then there is a boost. Otherwise the series is just money in the pockets of
big labels, artists (Allman Brothers, Hendrix), PBS who already have big bucks, and little in
hands of those stills cuffling.