piano blues

Glenn Weiser glennw@albany.net
Wed Oct 8 04:34:32 EDT 2003

>------------------------------
>
>Date:    Mon, 6 Oct 2003 06:54:30 -0500
>From:    Ed Swanson <ed.swanson@comcast.net>
>Subject: Re: Eastwood's Piano Blues a disappointment"
>
>I expected Jimmy Yancey to be a "must-include" on any Piano Blues show.  He
>influenced so many piano players that followed him.  At least they played
>one of his songs during listing of credits.
>...Ed Swanson

Jimmy Yancy could have been mentioned, yes. I for one wish they had
mentioned Little Brother Montgomery.
But the point still stands - there wasn't enough time to mention all the
greats on the PBS series. If the blues gets a good shot in the arm, as
measured by increased CD sales, I'll be happy.

Glenn Weiser