PBS's The Blues

Dick Waterman Jinxblues@aol.com
Mon Oct 6 21:00:07 EDT 2003

In a message dated 10/6/03 6:07:29 PM, billsalmon4@yahoo.com writes:

> "Holland K. Smith" answered my post about scheduding
> the blues series against the baseball playoffs with,
> if i may paraphrase:
>
> not many people who are serioiusly into the blues are
> into pro sports, himself included, and he was glad to
> have something else to watch.
>
> i agree smitty, but is the point of such a special
> just catering to the serious blues fans?

I was a sports writer for some years before I came into the music business so
I must be in the minority here.

My best friend here in Oxford is Ace Atkins who writes mystery novels with
blues themes ("Dark End of the Street," etc.) and he was an all-SEC defensive
end on an undefeated Auburn football team.

One of my other screen names is NYYANKEE5 which honors the team and uniform
number of Joe DiMaggio.

If it was a World Series game with Roger Clemens and Kerry Wood as starting
pitchers on one channel and Magic Sam and Stevie Ray Vaughan back from the dead
on another channel, I'd tape the dead guys and stay with the ball game.

True words . .