george brock / king biscuit area/ thurs nite

c. n. cnevitt@hotmail.com
Mon Oct 6 02:43:46 EDT 2003

>From: Jinxblues@aol.com
>To: cnevitt@hotmail.com, BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG
>Subject: Re:       Re: george brock / king biscuit area/ thurs nite
>Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 23:03:47 EDT
>

>In a message dated 10/5/03 8:13:36 PM, cnevitt@hotmail.com writes:
>

> > Dick, from one cynic to another, try to think of it as he is playing at
>the
> > same time as the festival.  You know, with the huge crowds in the area,
>he's
> > probably trying to not miss an opportunity. I know you can appreciate
>that.
> > Besides, the music ends at 11:40 pm on Thursday, and if the club is in
>the
> > vicinity, folks (attending the fest) might still could get there and see
>the
> > last set or so.  chuck
> >

>If you think that someone attending the KBBF feels that he is 'in the area'
>and will go there after the show, then you have a different concept of what
>'in
>the vicinity' might be.
>
>Dick Waterman

Thanks for the advice....I haven't known you to be wrong yet. <g> I may just
go to the George Brock show scheduled for Sat nite (somewhere just north of
Clarksdale, that's in the area, isn't it?), that is after I see Otis Rush
live for the first time.  Any opinion Dick, on Big George Brock, or is he in
your "not interested in contemporary blues performers" file?   chuck

http://msnmessenger-download.com