Thanks you, PBS

c. n. cnevitt@hotmail.com
Sun Oct 5 17:47:27 EDT 2003

>From: "J.J. Perry" <jjperry@bluemarble.net>
>Now that we've actually seen all seven films in the Blues
>series, I think it would be a good move to put aside our
>own biases and send a thank you to PBS. I'm sure they're
>getting a lot of feedback (positive and negative), but
>they deserve praise.

Ok, praise be unto them (and yeah, i'm facing the delta when i say it....).

>Frankly, they didn't have to air any of the series. The
>fact that they did is a step in the right direction for blues,
>misunderstood and ignored for too long.

Huh? The series was underwritten by Volkswagon. Correct me if I am wrong,
but I think that somehow or another that translated into money for PBS. I do
know they are selling the series CDs at their website for $18.98.  That's
sort of steep (dont you agree), steep enough that a purchase should more
than adequately say "thanks." Do ya get a kiss? You should,
but check the fine print anyway.  chuck

>Maybe one of the listowners here would like to send a message
>of thanks on behalf of the blues-l, with an encouraging note
>to continue to explore this music beyond "The Year of the Blues."

I have a sneaky feeling that many will consider this Yr Of The Blues deal
our fair share for awhile. In other words, once this fanfare dies down,
we're on our on again.
chuck

Get MSN 8 Dial-up Internet Service FREE for one month.  Limited time offer--
sign up now!   http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup