If you love Johnny Guitar Watson Like Me...

P.W. Fenton pwfenton@p-dub.com
Thu Jan 30 06:13:08 EST 2003

At 08:14 AM 1/30/2003 +0000, Peace, Kenneth wrote...
>P-Dub.
>
>You are correct - Memphis Slim it was.
>
>So let me get things right here, both of us claim to have a faulty
>memory, I cannot remember the name of the artist yet you pretty much get
>the titles correct.  I'll swap brains with you....

Might not be such a good idea.  Now that I'm home, I'll give you the
CORRECT information...

CD Title: "Parisian Blues" (not Paris Blues) on the EmArcy Records label
(German)

My description was pretty accurate except for the two important titles...

cut 16: "Ain't Nothing But a Texas Boogie On A Harpsichord"
and
cut 21: "Ain't Nothing But A New Orleans Boogie On The Same Harpsichord"

I hope it's still available.  It's a great CD.  I should mention that the
Buddy Guy half is both Buddy Guy and Junior Wells.  If I'm not mistaken,
these sessions were recorded while Buddy & Junior were on tour in Europe
under the watchful eye of Dick Waterman.

P.W. Fenton
New Port Richey, FL
http://bluesland.net

Dick Waterman's Blues Photo T-Shirts http://p-dub.com/Jinx/