Smokestack Lightnin' Top 60

Norman Thompson nthompsonjr@cfl.rr.com
Mon Jan 20 20:21:44 EST 2003

Smokestack Lightnin' Blues Radio is currently webcasting for your listening pleasure its
newest 3 hour blues special THE TOP 60 BLUES CDs of 2002 (#60-#31) (#0386 -recorded Jan. 5th, 2003). The internet version
of Smokestack Lightnin' is now comprised of selected sets recorded during our live broadcasts on WUCF in Orlando.

The URL is http://www.smokestacklightnin.com.  As always, A full playlist can be found at the bottom of this e-mail.

We know you enjoy listening to the archived version of Smokestack Lightnin' on www.smokestacklightnin.com .
Now you can enjoy even more new and original blues programming by tuning into Smokestack Lightnin' live on
WUCF each Saturday night at 8PM Eastern Standard Time(USA). The direct WUCF stream utilizes RealPlayer
software just like our archived show.

The WUCF URL is : http://wucf.ucf.edu/realbroadcast.htm . Thanx for listening. The Smokestack Team

PLAYLIST

Artist/Song/CD/Label

TOP 60 BLUES CDs of 2002 (#60-#31)(Top 30 next week)

#60 Roy Gaines/Standing Up For Women's Rights/In The House Vol. 4
#59 Syl and Jimmy Johnson/Dangerous/2 Johnsons Are Better Than 1/Evidence
#58 Little Arthur Duncan/Pretty Thang/Blues Harmonica Orgy/Random Chance
#57 Mad Dog Lester Davenport/West Side Blues Harp/I Smell A Rat/Delmark
#56 Junior Watson/Blues After Hours/If I Had A Genie/Heart&Soul
#55 Kenny Blue Ray&Jackie Payne/Blue Monday/Soulful Blues/Tone King
#54 Shirley Johnson/Little Wing/Killer Diller/Delmark
#53 Jon Cleary/Been & Gone/Jon Cleary & The Absolute Monster Gentlemen/Basin Street
#52 Duke Robillard/Buy Me A Dog/Living With The Blues/Stony Plain
#51 Rick Holstrom/Shake It Part 2/Hydraulic Groove/Tone Cool
#50 Josh Alan Band/Josh's Breakdown/The Josh Alan Band/Topcat
#49 Joe Louis Walker/2120 South Michigan Ave./In The Morning/Telarc
#48 Eddie Burns/Snake Eyes/Snake Eyes/Delmark
#47 Willie Kent/Something New/Comin' Alive/Blue Chicago
#46 Jimmy Dawkins/So Worrid/West Side Guitar Hero/Fedora
#45 Lil Buck Sinegal/Cold Cold Feeling/Bad Situation/Lucky Cat
#44 Tony Coleman/Them Changes/Travelin' Man/TCO
#43 Buddy Miles/Down At The Crossroads//Blues Berries/RUF
#42 Bill Perry/500 Miles/Crazy Kind Of Life/Blind Pig
#41 Jeffrey P. Ross/Muddy Waters/My Pleasure/Doc Blues
#40 Little Charlie & The Nightcats/Desparate Man/Thats Big!/Alligator
#39 Nelson Adelard/In Walks G/Jack Of all Trades/Hot Rod
#38 Willie King & The Liberators/Crawlin Blues/Living In a New World/Rooster Blues
#37 Denise LaSalle/Funky Blues Kind Of Mood/Still The Queen/Ecko
#36 The Phillip Walker Big Band/Reconsider Baby/Live A Biscuits & Blues/MC
#35 Deborah Coleman/Brick/Soul Be It!/Blind Pig
#34 Liz Mandeville Greeson/Soul Tender/Back In Love Again/Earwig
#33 Lucky Peterson/Yer Blues/The Blues White Album/Telarc
#32 Jimmy Cavallo/Lovin' Machine/The Houserocker!/Blue Wave
#31 Kenny Neal&James Cotton/Don't Start Me Talkin/35Th Anniversary Jam/Telarc

THE BEST RE-ISSUES of 2002

#6 Magic Sam/I Don't Wamt No Woman/Rockin' Wild In Chicago/Delmark
#5 John Lee Hooker/Crawlin Kingsnake/Live At Sugar Hill Vol. 2/Fantasy
#4 Eddie Cleanhead Vinson&
     The Cannonball Adderly Quintet/Kidney Stew/Cleanhead & Cannonball/Milestone
#3 The Holmes Brothers/Promised Land/Righteous! The Essential Collection/Rounder
#2 Mighty Joe Young/As The Years Go Passing By/Mighty Joe Young/Blind Pig
#1 Albert King/Oh! Pretty Woman/Born Under A Bad Sign/Stax

HONORABLE MENTION (Narrowly Missed the Top 60)

Cosmo St. Clair/Sugar Coated Love/Now Blues For Now People/Analog y Digital
Shawn Pittman/One Thing On My Mind/Shawn Pittman/self
Terry Hanck/Cryin' Fool/I Keep On Holdin' On/Mo Muscle
John Mooney/Tell Me Who/All I Want/Blind Pig
Travis Moonchild Haddix/Let It Show/Company Is Coming/Wann Sonn
Sue Foley/Vertigo Blues/Where The Action Is/Shanachie
R.J. Mischo/You Think I'm Lyin'?/Meet Me On The Coast/Crosscut
Albert Castiglia/No One To Blame/Burn/Big Bolt
Trudy Lynn/Do Ya?/Memories Of You/Jus Blues
Volker Strifler Band/I Smell Trouble/The Volker Strifler band/Blue Rockit
Larry Johnson/Midnight Train/Two Gun Green/Armadillo
Little Arthur Duncan/Had Nowhere To Go/Live In Chicago/Random Chance
Gary Primich/Mr. Lucky/Dog House Music/Antones
Joanna Connor/Fever/The Joanna Connor Band/MC