NBC: Werlein's Music RIP

Tom Freeland thf4@watervalley.net
Fri Jan 10 13:32:25 EST 2003

I have family records from the 1870s and 1880s that have receipts from Werleins on
my family's account there.  It's really sad to see it go (and was sad before that to
see their location on Canal close).   I remember going in there to buy sheet music
on my first trip to New Orleans as a kid, partly because of my awareness of my
family having been customers.