Another Suggestion for the Chicago Blues Festival 2003

Sam Lawton stl@CAMSYS.COM
Thu Jan 9 13:51:54 EST 2003

Jessie Mae played tamborine and shouted encouragement to Richard Johnston on
his excellent Foothill Stomp, recorded late in 2001.  I just received a copy
yesterday.  Richard played at KBBF two years ago and was winner of the Blues
Foundation 2001 International Blues Talent Competition.  He plays
Mississippi Hill Country blues, having been taught personally by Junior
Kimborough and R.L. Burnside.  He uses a guitar made out of a cigar box and
broomsticks and performs as a one-man band with harp and drums.  Get both
Richard and Jessie Mae on the stage together in Chicago and it will be
amazing.  And I know that this is a diversion from the original subject, but
Foothill Stomp has got to be on the list as one of the "Best of 2002" CDs.

Sam Lawton
Acton MA

http://www.lsoft.com