NBC: "Music Biz: Compromise Is Key"

Jef Jaisun jef@jaisunphoto.com
Tue Jan 7 13:30:41 EST 2003

At least somebody somewhere is addressing the issues. Although Flansburgh's
comment just about made me spit up my latte. ;)

"John Flansburgh of They Might Be Giants said although record labels are
fun to bash, they help filter music. Now consumers must do much of that
work themselves. "It's ironic that we'll miss the majors when they are
gone," Flansburgh said."

http://www.wired.com/news/digiwood/0,1412,57104,00.html

"WASHINGTON -- As digital file sharing, webcasting and other new
technologies proliferate, artists and industry officials meeting here said
the music business is in jeopardy unless artists, record companies and
consumers stop fighting and start compromising."

And for a more heavy-handed approach, there's this:

http://www.wired.com/news/digiwood/0,1412,56717,00.html