January Edition of Bad Dog Blues

Jeff Harris jiraharris@hotmail.com
Tue Jan 7 06:41:34 EST 2003

**************************************
Bad Dog Blues - January Update
www.baddogblues.com
**************************************
Special Note: Just a quick note to say thanks for making Bad Dog Blues so
successful and we really appreciate your support and positive feedback. 2003
looks to be a another great year. We already have interviews lined up with
local blues artists, blues legend Jimmy McCracklin, Steve Franz who has just
completed his biography of Elmore James (plus chance to win a copy of the
book) and more. Also our annual open house is set for January 19th (details
are posted on the website and will be announced on air).

Reviews: Roy Gaines, Bob Stroger, Little Al Thomas, Travis Haddix, Mickey
Champion, Junior Watson plus reissues of Mance Lipscomb, Mississippi Fred
McDowell and Son House. Make sure to check out the RealAudio clips from each
CD we review. In addition we also review the book "Seems Like Murder Here:
Southern Violence And The Blues Tradition" by Adam Gussow.

Essential Blues: A look at back at the year in blues 2002.

Special Features: Our picks for the best new blues records and reissues for
2002.

The new top 30 playlist is now up (submitted to Living Blues).

We have over 35 hours of archived broadcasts available. In recent broadcasts
  we've interviewed Nelson Aderlard, W.C. Clark, Jody Williams, Texas Johnny
  Brown, Fred Vine, Oscar Toney Jr. New 5-hour editions of the show are
added  every week. Remember Bad Dog Blues airs every Sunday 10:00 AM-3:00 PM
(EST)  so tune your browser to www.baddogblues.com.

Thanks for checking us out and make sure to tell your friends.

Thanks,

Jeff Harris
www.baddogblues.com